Approximately 15 million elderly veterans and their surviving spouses across the nation who could qualify Veteran Aid and Attendance benefits which is up to $2,400 per month. Nurta home healthcare has partnered with three third-party companies to service veteran clients and their families under Veteran Aid and Attendance benefits. Many veterans and their spouses or widows of veterans qualify for a little-known benefit called Aid & Attendance, this benefit often goes underused. These 3rd party companies can help veterans and their spouses/surviving spouses get up to $2,400 per month to pay for an aide to come to their home. Going to a local VA Regional Office to apply for Veteran Aid and Attendance benefits will most likely result in multiple trips to the veteran Office, long lines, frustration and mostly 10 years of waiting to get a decision on your Veteran Aid and Attendance benefits application. Only a small percentage of these applicants end up getting a maximum benefit award.
The amounts below are the maximum benefit amount a veteran or surviving spouse may be entitled to under Veteran Aid and Attendance benefits:
Basic Veterans Pension / Basic Survivors Pension
• Veteran alone – $14,752 / year ($1,229 / month)
• Married veteran – $19,319 / year ($1,609 / month)
• Surviving spouse without any dependent children – $9,895 / year ($824 / month)
Aid & Attendance Pension for Veterans / Surviving Spouses
• Veteran alone – $24,609/ year ($2,050/ month)
• Married veteran – $29,174/ year ($2,431 / month)
• Surviving spouse without any dependent children – 15,815/ year ($1,317 / month)
Call Nurta Home Healthcare at 781-300-7495 for more information on Veteran Aid and Attendance benefits.
- What Should You Know about Hospice Care for a Stroke Patient? - May 24, 2022
- Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran? - May 11, 2022
- Five Signs Your Senior May Need In-home Care - May 5, 2022